Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(4 April 2013, 10:59)Luci_ferson Wrote: [ -> ]id rather just have the manure and dung and wide open fields.

yep, so would we, thats why we picked this place, that and the low population!Big Grin
low population is a great little bonus.
moved from a city-population 250,000 to a town-pop 8,800 to small market town pop 1,300(thats parish population not just the town).
were probably in the 13,000 to 18,000 range
and in a SHTF situation there would probably be around 6 to 8,000 troublesome people forming into various groups.
Not exactly the best of places to be, but the financial situation at the moment says, make the best with what you've got.
and ive had to do that many times before so this ones just a challenge lol.

rather be down there or up near highlander though.

Luckily im ony about 20 miles away from the edge of the moors.
so its only a day walk in a rush.
or two days slow with the kids.
or if traveling on foot is too risky theres ways I can get there in around 4 days without hitting heavily built up areas. (except one briefly )

hopefully it will never come to that and my hidey hole and vege plot will be still defendable.
we are about 8 miles from the moors, 8 miles from our principal BOL(not the same direction) might be a bit further if we have to avoid roads.
that's a much nicer set up.

im just glad I aint in central London , or worse still Bradford
(4 April 2013, 11:41)Luci_ferson Wrote: [ -> ]that's a much nicer set up.

im just glad I aint in central London , or worse still Bradford

yep, or Rochdale or Coventry or Birmingham, i lived in Blackpool and just outside Huddersfield when i was younger(a lot younger) but i'm very happy to be living in Devon.
if I won the lottery id move back down there.
but I don't do the lottery.
if I won the lottery it would be the day the worlds economies collapsed.
so that the money was worthless.
safer if I don't do the lottery. don't want to be helping anything along even if its only chance. lol
This week I bought a Rhubarb plant and stocked up on more seeds
Beetroot
Rocket
Coriander
Basil
Sage
Oregano
spring onion

The Peas I planted under cloches have come up, but no show yet on the Broad Beans. I tried some Borlotti beans last year and they taste great and fantastic croppers, but they are tender so make sure all danger of frost has passed.
just ordered a mora knife some para cord and a new magnesium fire lighting flint

still slow going due to shortage of funds