Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
we have the tests every year, Colesterol, Diabetes, Liver function, I had an ECG and my heart is good.
maybe I looked after myself too good and am one of those people you mentioned MB.
my paternal family members all lived into their mid to late 90s so I have some years to go yet.
it's a bit quiet in here, is everyone ok?
(24 October 2023, 18:23)harryhotspur Wrote: [ -> ]it's a bit quiet in here, is everyone ok?

Well I’m OK......

H you must realise most of the posts here have been from a bunch of grumpy old men who easily get annoyed by silly comments......

So perhaps it’s time for YOUNGER members to get of their BUTTS and POST.
another plus of getting old, being grumpy is the norm lol
Now us septuagenarians seam to have stopped posting, (I am 79 and
don’t have much left to say), are there no younger preppers ?.

At this moment in time there are 120 people on line, is no one prepping ?,
is there no one with a family to nurture or protect ?.

Come on, speak up.........
It does seem to be a bit "quiet" around here for the last month or so.
Seemingly quite a few folks having a look to see what's going on - but not contributing anything themselves (I have to include myself in that category - until now).
So, What have I been doing towards my prepping?
Pretty much the same as usual - keeping my head above water and surviving as best I can.
My circumstances have changed a great deal over the last few years - I am not going into detail - and this has made things more difficult than before.
My number one priority at the moment is to keep enough of the readies to hand so that I can pay the bills and when the opportunity arises I attempt to put some to one side for emergencies. I am sure there will be more than one of them.
The current World Situation is a bit of a concern and I have a feeling that this might just escalate. I hope not but you can never tell.
Well I have spoke up and I am a bit younger than you - PG. Have a nice day!!
Hi iaaems, yes the bills are always the priority, as for emergencies storm and/or flood damage seems the most likely at the moment, I hope you’re not affected. Take care and keep safe.
As things stand at the moment the rain plus the increasing wind are of some concern.
I had to go on foot to the other side of the village where I live and came across a road that was completely flooded and watched as a sensible motorist made his way through the flood at something less than walking pace. I noticed that others copied him. The water was about 20cm deep I would guess - but the order of the day was 'go slow'.
The forecast for here seems to be rain for the rest of the day plus the wind.
So I will be staying inside - apart from another walking session later on - and keeping warm and hopefully dry.
I will try to "have a nice day".
Thankfully we live in an area where flooding is rare and if it occurs does not affect property, we sympathise with anyone who is affected.

It’s bad along the south coast but I hope you in Norfolk are spared the worst,

i’ll say it again, take care ad keep safe, this is to everyone.
You 110 on the site.......Whats up....... Cat got your tongue ?.