Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Picked up more shiz. Was another guy in the shop who was starting a prep buying large quantities of tins/beans/soups/oil/UHT milk etc.
gave him a knowing nod and chatted to him later when he came over and we discussed the fact that this is likely the last weekend before stuff starts getting picked clean.
Nearest supermarket is a Morrisons, over the last few weeks shelves have been getting emptier, so they leave empty boxes to make it look like they’ve only just sold out.
I would agree with it being the last days ,before food starts to run short and more empty shelves , this virus will pick up speed ....in days , the more that happens the bigger the panic and more sustained , those who can afford to buy extra supplies WILL do so , those who can not Will go hungry .......I can see calls for CALM increasing over the next few days and weeks tptb do not want to loose control but need us in fear enough for absolute control ......if the markets continue to drop even further this will be even harder to explain away , But now they ( banking system ) have a great scapegoat to blame (their failing fiat system that’s backed by nothing) to push for a reset or collapse , The Coronavirus ......will achieve the very purpose it was designed to achieve , It has to be global ! For complete success ...( All Central Banks Can Blame A Single Source that So happens Nothing To Do With Them ).

Back on point , Time is running out for food preps , every day you waste thinking about buying is a day wasted , so buy what you can afford today even a few tins is better than nothing rice is 45 p pasta is under £3.00 for a huge bag (Farm Foods) corned beef £1.35 tin Aldi’s , bread flour 45 p Lidl’s ......get to it. !
no panic buying down here, I guess we are made of sterner stuff or maybe we are just too remote from the big cities, no empty shelves here, if anything there is too much to choose from.
local market still going strong, that's where we buy all our meat and other stuff besides.
That's good to know BP ! glad its all fine down there , please let us know if it changes.
Around here some shops are taking a beating, canned food and cleaning materials mainly.

Today it was announced that India has banned the export of several drugs the components of which originate in China. These include paracetamol and some antibiotics including amoxicillin, antiviral drug acyclovir, and some vitamins, this could cause us some difficulties if we can’t replace used stock.
At the health centre this morning......this guy was booking in at the tough screen.......pulls a sticking plaster out of his pocket and sticks it on his index finger ....then books in ........pretty bloody cool I thought.........then I thought my variant......a roll of cling film. Lol
On the window sill , cucumber sown a week ago are now about one and a half inches high ! Last Friday in the small poly tunnel , leeks,greyhound cabbage, four types of tomatoes,sweet peppers,chilli peppers,lettuce, and some cress all sown and the heater turned on.

Out on the ground this upcoming week , first early potatoes,peas and carrots will be sown and clutches fitted ,radish in a tub also , onion sets and shallots will go in by next weekend .

I am going to reset the poly tunnel ....I will construct a new base frame ,and fully recover the whole tunnel ,making a new door and framework ready for the new season ,ordering the timber tomorrow so I should get going this week ,also ordered anti hot spot tape ...coming Wednesday
(8 March 2020, 11:49)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]On the window sill , cucumber sown a week ago are now about one and a half inches high ! Last Friday in the small poly tunnel , leeks,greyhound cabbage, four types of tomatoes,sweet peppers,chilli peppers,lettuce, and some cress all sown and the heater turned on.

Out on the ground this upcoming week , first early potatoes,peas and carrots will be sown and clutches fitted ,radish in a tub also , onion sets and shallots will go in by next weekend .

Keep up the good work pal, posts like this tell us what WE should ALL be doing.
In several previous posts i have recommended preppers to put a percentage of their savings into precious metals, as a hedge to the collapse of fiat paper money.

I even suggested a few sovereigns or half sovereigns.

It appears now i should have recommended toilet paper and hand gel.