Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dont think we have any young members, people dont start prepping until they get older, before that they are too busy with family and jobs.
When you have a young family it should be the catalyst for prepping, you look around and see all the shit going on
and you want BETTER for your kids. This is what started me in the 70s, with the hight of the cold war, inflation and
job insecurity.

You don’t spend all you money on expensive cars, holidays and big televisions.

A couple extra tins each shop, a few extra first aid items, things soon build up.

When things were hard even one item, one tin of corned beef, one packet of rice or pasta made a difference, then
the odd packet of veggie seeds, £3 or £4 a week ?, once you start it’s hard to stop.
(5 November 2023, 19:01)Pete Grey Wrote: [ -> ]You don’t spend all you money on expensive cars, holidays and big televisions.

.........or booze and cigarettes
(5 November 2023, 19:04)Pete Grey Wrote: [ -> ]
(5 November 2023, 19:01)Pete Grey Wrote: [ -> ]You don’t spend all you money on expensive cars, holidays and big televisions.

.........or booze and cigarettes

When TSHTF I think Booze will help, it's not in short supply with me http://forum.survivaluk.net/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
WTSHTF we will all need a clear head, anyone with a head full of booze will not be welcome where I live.
Checked all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, in utility room, entrance hall and the camper.

At this time of year with not having windows and doors open for ventilation could be life saving.
Just a reminder.....

Three minutes without air,

Three hours without shelter,

Three days without water,

Three weeks without food.

.....should be at the root of our preps.
I'm still here , just lurking mainly but today i have changed the GHB bag to suit winter better , new batteries , snow shovel , ski gloves , wooly hat etc etc , tommorrow going to go through the radio's and give them a test.
Three minutes without air......your dead.

Make sure the air you breathe is not contaminated.....indoors it is essential you have carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.....if you’re outside using chemicals or paint spraying etc you need to use an appropriate respirator.....simple preps could save your life.
If you think that post is patronising I don’t apologise, and