Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not too bothered about covering all bases, I dont think its possible to have everything we might need, Post SHTF I will be living a simple life, very similar to how I lived before when I was off grid, I lived very well then with a lot less than I have now.
I think most of us will be living a simpler life BP , most of us could handle it with no problems at all ...even thrive at it .....talking the talk is one thing walking the walk is something else for the unprepared in particular .
SS where do all the nails screws bolts etc disappear too ?, we’ve planned a trip to Screwfix and B&Q for Thursday.

The old saying “ It’s better to have it and not want it, than want it and not have it” sums things up.

And with prices shooting up, China going into lockdown, supply chain difficulties increasing, buy what you need (or think you need) now.
I think it’s the same bugger that messes up the workshop Pete ....when I catch them in the act I’m going to kick seven bells of shit out of them ! ......I am golly well cross I can tell you ! They been out smarting me for years ...but I am determined to get them .....I even have a camera in there ...but for some reason can only pick me up ! It’s bloody weird Pete .
there is a limit to how much one can store, if we all stored some of the lists that abound on this and other forums we would need a warehouse to store it all, trying to live post SHTF the way we lived before it is a recipe for failure, we must all adapt to the new way of life.
Yes I can see your point BP ....but anything we can do to ease the inevitable transition would be a bonus , for me at least ...it will be hard enough , anything we can do to make life more bearable wood be of some benefit , until such time we all adapt to the new circumstances and situation we find ourselves in .
I think the fixings and materials to maintain and repair our properties are an essential part of our preps.

SS don’t forget roofing felt Smile.
Got some already Pete ! ...roll of green and a roll of breathable ....and clout nails .....ask me another Pete ...lol
I thought i’d got you there Smile.
(27 April 2022, 17:35)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I can see your point BP ....but anything we can do to ease the inevitable transition would be a bonus , for me at least ...it will be hard enough , anything we can do to make life more bearable wood be of some benefit , until such time we all adapt to the new circumstances and situation we find ourselves in .

the main transition will be putting food on the table when there are no supermarkets to supply food, that will take up most people's waking hours.
I've lived a simple life, in fact most of my life I have lived a minimalist lifestyle, not because I wanted to but because that was all I could afford.