Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
storm warning has been upgraded to RED-"Danger to life", its recycling day tomorrow so have had to make sure all the boxes are well battened down.
We had a good three hours of bright sunshine and low winds this morning and made sure everything was safe and anything liable to be blown about put away or tied down.

Our weekly shop is on hold as there is nothing we really need other than some fresh fruit, so we will go with the flow and wait for storm eunice to pass.

One or two things to order off the net, including Li-ion batteries and charger, and low voltage cable (12v) and connectors.

With the Ukraine situation being very confused at the moment and likely to get much worse, it’s probably a good time to get anything you may need, I’m thinking of solar panels, charge controllers etc or any tech stuff.

Any problems will most likely increase shipping times from China and push up prices.
Eunice is due to hit us here in rural inland Devon about 10am this morning, its already quite windy now with trees thrashing about.
Trains have been cancelled due to the prospect of flying debris, domestic flights and bus services also.
the advice is to stay indoors today if possible and thats what we are doing.
picked up a few bits at the local shop yesterday in preparation for today, our last big shop was 2 weeks ago and the next isnt due for another 2 weeks. got some eggs from the local farm yesterday so we seem to be all set.
petrol tanks are topped up every 10-14 days.
Turned out not to be that bad really , we must be lucky ! Our location is protected by trees ( none came down) and our place sits at the lower part in between two valleys , happy days ! .
These "normal" Winter storms are now made out to be almost apocalyptic with the media frothing at the mouth with glee at the prospect of death & destruction.
we get plenty of WINTER storms in the South West of England, being on this narrow peninsular sticking out into the Atlantic the majority of our weather comes from that direction, most of it has to come up over the Moors before it hits us.
most people are used to it, only incomers think it is something exceptional.
Spent most of this week making bird boxes for the sil , made 12 off ....robin , blue tit , owl , and bat .....we sited them this morning . Hedgehog boxes next , three off next week .

Sowing continues in the greenhouse .....been braking new ground and prepping for more veggies .....easy digging !

Been removing money from our current account that was building up ....just playing it safe ! .

Walk on Ned !
due to the ongoing news from Europe am keeping my supplies fully topped up, not that I dont anyway, but best to be safe than sorry!! already panic buying of fuel in some locations of the UK or so I've heard!
Now with current uncertainty I think it’s a good time to check all of our preps.

So over the last few days i’ve been refilling the water jerrycans, our potable water supply, and yesterday a BIG shop. Each time we pass a petrol station if we can squeeze £20s fuel into the car we do so, and starting to get the raised beds ready.
our next big shop in on Wednesday.
like all good preppers we top up the car tanks when they get to half, sometimes before.
I've got a big stock of screenwash and antifreeze, may pick up another gallon of oil on wednesday, not that we are out but good to have.