Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Removed the covering from the polytunnel stripped out all the gear and dragged the frame out the way and got stuck in with clearing the site, then on with the 6X2 frame to support the the polytunnel ,set this frame up and levelled in ....set the 4x4 posts then concreted in.

Today cut in all the joists and bolted up.....cut and laid the 6x1 timber floor and screwed up......dragged the frame over and fixed to the floor , studded up the ends , applied the hot spot tape to all the hoops .....so ready to recover and complete it tomorrow ......I turned the polytunnel 90 degrees to get better light ......it’s looking good ....can’t wait to get growing in there ! .....dehydrating lots of fruit n veg in between and vac packing away .

I am going to set up a aquaponics system in this polytunnel ...just half of it for now , the SIL set up is ready I did that last year......he is yet to get it going ? After I broke my balls to get it done ? ........I know.
The polytunnel is now completed,all new covering and new door , cucumber plants (3) are in there and a selection of tomato plants (4) just to kick things off .

Had a good tidy up , wild thang busy in the small polytunnel giving it the once over with steriliser , getting ready for the sweet peppers and chilli peppers amongst other stuff .....beautiful sunshine the past three days and more tomorrow .......smokin !
Whelp, gl all. This is what we prepared for.
With the last couple of days of lovely weather things are really starting to push. I have fruit trees in full blossom, and hopefully they will bear fruit in due course. All space in the greenhouse is occupied by seedlings and young plants. I am not sure I can do any more for our benefit at the moment.
I did suggest to one of our (few) neighbours that he try growing a few salad crops in growbags, or dig in a few potatoes. His reply was that he was too busy!
While we are in lockdown we’re catching up on a bit of painting, and tidying the garden and sorting the raised beds. When we have caught up i will have a look at storage, over the last few weeks the extra stuff we’ve bought to help us through coronavirus isolation has just been dumped (bad habit), it needs sorting and crating and proper date rotation (good habit).
Yes Pete it is a bad habit ......l should know done the same many times....until the commandant puts me straight.
I still had tins that expired in 2013. Which means I probably bought them in 2011 in response to some North Korea nuke threat or something.
Sighted in my rifle this morning......after missing a rat ! Yesterday ...it was high and left.....it’s cock on now ! . Planted more potatoes in containers , sown more veg seeds , the pond liner arrived today ready for the growing beds . Also dig out another pond for the sil with the digger last Wednesday ,he has just about finished it and the path slabs and stonework is looking good . Sown a mix of flowers for the bees , we will plant them around the boarders when big enough .......breaking news ! The rat has come out.......waving a white flag ......me not wanna no trouble ....we are gonna mover on ! I think he is of Italian stocka.
Sounds like you bumped your sights SS.

If it is a 12lb air gun they sometimes throw their first shot wide after sitting for a while.

Or a change in ammo. My little HW30 goes wild with ammo changes too.

If I can get a couple of days without rain I am going to till up a garden patch. I am hoping that my seed is still viable.
Yes MB I am certain it’s had a knock , but checked the mounts and nipped them up .....all fine now pal ! .