Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 October 2013, 14:50)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]Local camping shop has the large size butane canisters on offer for £3.99 so i'm going to nip down for £20 worth

Which shop is that? These containers are handy to have.
Big camping shop that's been revamped down on sealand road....the really good value ones are all gone(had a run on them) but i bought 4 of the C500 size coleman 30/70 split propane/butane reduced to £4.99...not quite as good as the deal i was after but not bad...shop is called winfields.
I got myself 1 of those camping clothes washing machines. Basically a big ball on a stand that you put clothes & soapy water inside & rotate it with the handle. I think it was highlander (apologies if I'm wrong) that mentioned them on this forum a while back. Not a bad £6 investment I don't think.

I managed to find an empty calor gas bottle aswell so I picked it up & gonna get it exchanged on my next day off. It's butane rather than propane but I won't grumble since it cost me nowt Smile
I don't go often to car boot sales but today day I did I had a couple of hours to kill glad I did. I picked up 2 ex army jerry cans £6 and a double handed logging saw for a fiver. The saw needs to new handles but I have just the piece of wood 2 foot of oak should look good when its done and cleaned up.
AH. So it has reopenned. The amount of times I've gone past in the last few months and it was closed. Must be worth a visit to see what they have.
Had a wander around the second hand shops this sat picked up a hand cranked grinder ,spare stone, hand scythe,flue brush,and a great hoe/double spike thirty five bucks the lot thought I done alright.
just been to the local car boot, pretty crap but got a coil of rope for £2, going to Exeter car boot next sunday-thats an excellent one, always come back with something from there.
Just got back from a camp to work skills and build bonds with other people. Brilliant prep!

Oh and purchased more plant pots for the greenhouse heaters. I love them!
Today is restock the cupboards with 10 veggie MRE's and a few other bits and bobs. Also, get a load of nuts, bolts, and washers for the plant pot heaters, then start making them up. With 200 8hour tea lights on their way, that'll help the mini-greenhouses as well as the house in general, stay nice and toasty. Cut down the cost of living too.

Totally forgot to mention, viewing a property soon, shared property with our friends (the one's we are looking at a move to France with). A nice place with a reasonable plot of land and the potential to be 100% off grid!!! Just need to get the wife to be as big a fan as I am with it.
Checked out an 11 acre piece of land with a house and a small secondary living area today. Well it turns out it's a house and 2 acres of useable land, along with 9 acres of marsh/bog. For £400'000, you have to be joking. Massive anti-climax. The search continues.