Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My deep cycle battery weighs a good 50 pounds and is not something I want to pick up and carry more than necessary. Not something I CAN pick up and run with any more. It requires wheeled transport when in use and having it on the dolly, along with the inverter, is just a handy fix.

Just my situation and yours might be different.
As I have said in previous posts on here , my main solar setup is three deep cell batteries three 100 watt panels charge controller and a big inverter ( and as I keep saying....and not done yet .....is a solar cabin/shed to house it all to run a aquaponics set up) I have everything ready to go ....but recent building / conversion work for my grandson put my stuff on hold a while ......but I will crack on from here on in .........bought more spare strings for the bow and crossbow more arrows and bolts......more tinned meats , and more salt, pepper ,and a host of herbs and spices ( yes even more) ....rolled oats , seeds .......who ever controls the seeds / food can control the people , people the world over are loosing their freedoms and liberty because of ( covid 19 ) but seem to be oblivious to what’s really going on in front of them ......when it does go TU it will go fast towards the end ( the world over ) food shortages ARE kicking in NOW ....don’t take my word ! Take a good look on the web , because you sure as hell ain’t going to see how bad it really is on the MM ....anywhere ! .
I have a 85Ah leisure battery in a home made ply box fitted with a panel (ebay) with two cigarette lighter sockets and two USB sockets (same as fitted to camper leisure battery). There is an old 12V reversing light fixed on top.

The box lives in the shed, is charged by a panel on the roof and feeds the shed LED light.

The garden cart also lives in the shed, it is the box’s best friend and they often go out together Smile .....saves me carrying it. Sometimes the honda gennny goes for a ride if the job needs mains voltage.

I also have a small pack with two 7Ah sealed batteries (from an emergency lighting system) should i need a more portable unit say for the CB.
Lights! what is this magik ye speak off?
(16 September 2020, 13:06)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]Lights! what is this magik ye speak off?

It’s called......”THE LECKY”
MB in a recent post you mentioned Harbor Freight, they appear to be very similar to our Machine Mart. Both seem to stock a vast range of quality items at reasonable prices.
Bought more Dremmel accessories. And I'm missing Car boot sales for bargain tool and axe/blade finds.
(16 September 2020, 19:25)Pete Grey Wrote: [ -> ]MB in a recent post you mentioned Harbor Freight, they appear to be very similar to our Machine Mart. Both seem to stock a vast range of quality items at reasonable prices.

Probably about the same thing. Might even be the same company labeled differently in UK.

They also give away something free each purchase. I now have a stack of tarps waist high, unlimited supplies of small torches, and an infinite number of screwdrivers of all shapes and sizes. I have not bought AAA batteries in years due to HF giving me two in each torch they offer free. I don't really use that many lights but the free batteries inside are a boon. Keeps the TV remote, wireless mouse, indoor/outdoor weather station operating.

I have almost fully equipped my shop at their extremely low price points. If I had more enclosed space I would have even more. They offer very good auto lifts and motorcycle lift stands but I just do not have the sheltered space for all I want.

I have the whole house, a covered back porch and two sheds and I still have to store the welders behind the sofa. Have a roll about tool box against the wall in the dining room.

If I had a wife she would be irate I'm sure.

https://www.harborfreight.com/
Operation (S) is underway ! .
MB unfortunately Machine Mart don’t do freebies but they do give good value for money, most of the workshop stuff is from there, with some from Aldi. All the carpentry tools are my late fathers, he was a master carpenter.

SS what are your plans for the aquaponics shed ?.